Sunday, March 6, 2011

A few hundred of my closest strangers...

When I first heard about Twitter, I was thinking it's similar to Facebook's status update feature, but limited to only 140 characters. It wasn't appealing at the time.

Some time later, I noticed a number of the bloggers I been following were making frequent updates on Twitter and only the occasional blog posts. I decided to sign up on Twitter, follow the bloggers I liked and even follow some of people the bloggers liked.

The benefit of Twitter for me became clear when the annual NAB (National Association of Broadcasters) Conference began in Las Vegas. Many of the people I've been following were at NAB, and been tweeting and taking pictures on the show floor. They also linked to press releases or websites going into depth about interesting products and announcements.

I've expanded my follow list on Twitter considerably since then, and find that it invaluable in keeping up with interesting trends in film, media and technology.

No comments: